The following instructions were found within a book of carbon copy business letters dated between 4thJune 1914 and 9thJune 1914.
“Duties expected to be performed by the Caretaker of Tylagwyn Baptist Church”
- To unlock gate and doors for all services 10 minutes on week days and 15 minutes on Sunday before published time of meeting.
- To take charge of the following; –
Communion Service, Tea Service, Boiler, Tables, Table Cloths, Baptismal Suit, Mourning, and all draperies connected with Stages, Coal & Coke.
- To keep clean the Chapel Building by sweeping thoroughly and dusting weekly and washing out completely once at least every month.
- To clean Windows are required but especially before Half Yearly & Yearly Meetings.To keep all Ventilators clear of dust & sweepings.
- To thoroughly ventilate the Chapel, and to light the Gas prior to the Services commencing.
- To light up the Stove so that the Chapel shall be properly heated prior to the Service.
- To see that all lights are extinguished immediately after the Service & doors & gate properly locked.
- To keep the Chapel court and fully at back including the Urinal clear from all nuisance.
- To take charge of cupboard & keep contents in order.
- To see the Baptistery is kept clean.
- To wind & regulate the clock, and to draw attention of Officers to any repairs required from time to time, or any damage done to the property, and to take a funeral interest in the welfare of the place.
- One months notice to terminate contracts on either side.
- Ll. Thomas(Secy.)